[Pw_forum] about PWCOND

Alex Smogunov asmogunov at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 14:45:50 CET 2012

Dear Yun-Peng.

Le 21 février 2012 14:46, Yunpeng Wang <yunpengwang at live.com> a écrit :

>  PWscf authors and users:
>
> I want to find answers to the following questions about PWCOND because I
> am new PWCOND user.
>
> 1. Does nonequilibrium Greens function employed in PWCOND?

PWCOND does not use NEGFs it calculates directly the scattering states
in real space.

> Or, the effective potential in scattering region is self-consistently
> obtained or from

the effective potential from scattering region SCF calculation?

It should be run after PW calculations, so it uses the SCF potential of the
leads and the scattering region at equilibrium. It is therefore zero bias
approach, no finite voltage is implemented yet.

best regards,
Alexander