[Pw_forum] How to generatie all kpoints for the case ibrav=0

Layla Martin-Samos lmartinsamos at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 10:49:34 CET 2012

Dear Trinh, ibrav=0 mean no sym, or you use the automatic way of defining
the kpoint grid
K_POINTS automatic
nkx nky nkz shiftx shifty shiftz

or if you can just write by hand a uniform kpoint grid (Monkhorst-Pack), as
following:

integer :: ikz, iky, ikx, nk
real :: weight
real :: shiftx, shifty, shiftz

read(*,*) nkx, nky, nkz, shiftx, shifty, shiftz

nk=nkx*nky*nkz
weight=1.0/real(nk)
write(*,*) nk
do ikz=1,nkz
do iky=1,nky
do ikx=1,nkx

write(*,"(4f15.9)") (real(ikx)-real(1.0)+shiftx)/real(nkx),
(real(iky)-real(1.0)+shifty)/real(nky), &
           (real(ikz)-real(1.0)+shiftz)/real(nkz), weight

enddo
enddo
enddo

the program uses crystal coordinates. So from the output in the pwscf input
file you should write

K_POINTS crystal

bests

Layla