[Pw_forum] pseudopotentials for C, H, O and Cl (Giuseppe Mattioli)

Nicola Marzari nicola.marzari at epfl.ch
Tue Feb 7 00:04:17 CET 2012

Dear Jose Fernandes,

the key issue is that the pseudopotentials should all be generated with
the same exchange-correlation functional - and there are actually two
different H pseudopotentials available generated with BLYP.

So basically for Cl/C/O molecule you can do a BLYP calculation (or
a LDA calculation, or a PBE calculation, or a PW91 calculation).

For a given exchange correlation functional, there are different
technologies to generate the pseudopotential, and maybe this confused
the matter. They are named in "field 4" of the UPF convention - have a
look at this
http://www.quantum-espresso.org/wiki/index.php/Naming_convention_for_the_pseudopotential
and maybe do some reading on these different techniques.

			nicola