[Pw_forum] the problem of running with different

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at democritos.it
Wed Dec 19 23:06:24 CET 2012

On Dec 19, 2012, at 24:08 , pari shok wrote:

> I need to do the post-processing calculations with a pc that its
> number of processors are by far less than the number of nodes of the
> remote machine which had been initially used for the scf calculations.
> I was wondering whether there is a trick for it.

if you do not need to read the wavefunctions (e.g. to plot just the
charge density) you should be able to run the postprocessing on
a different number of processors. If the code complains, comment
out the line where it complains. You may need to replace the call
to "read_file" with "read_xml_file" as well. No warranty.

P.
---
Paolo Giannozzi, Dept of Chemistry&Physics&Environment,
Phone +39-0432-558216, fax +39-0432-558222