[Pw_forum] problem with plotband.x

Alfredo Ramirez alramtor at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 01:05:50 CET 2012

Hi Surender, this problem is not only in Quantum Espresso-5.0, I usually
use 4.2 and I have the same problem. If you check the energies in your band
or nscf output file you will see that at given Kpoint the bands and
energies are not the same that in the file given by bands.x. So the problem
comes from the bands.x program , it is not assigning the energies properly
to each band and it is happening  when the bands get degenerate states or
almost touch beetwen them. So you could write something to read properly
the energies and generate your own filband file. An scatter plot type
should produce an adecuate band structure.