[Pw_forum] Cannot reach the target temperature in vc-md calculation using pwscf; and where I can find the updated velocities?

Davide Ceresoli davide.ceresoli at istm.cnr.it
Sat Dec 1 10:17:10 CET 2012

Dear Tian,
     I'm experiencing the same problem, also in 5.0.2. I think that the
default choice of the cell mass is not appropriate. The kinetic energy of the
cell d.o.f. is added to the ions kinetic energy, then velocities are
rescaled. If ionic temperature is always smaller than tempw, it might be
that the cell d.o.f. suck a consistent fraction of the ionic temperature.
I'm not 100% sure about that. I will perform some test by reducing wmass,
then I'll report the outcome.
I've also reported this problem to QE developers mailing list, and I'm
waiting for suggestions.

HTH.

Best wishes,
     Davide