[Pw_forum] phonon calculation

GAO Zhe flux_ray12 at 163.com
Sun Aug 12 11:04:39 CEST 2012

Dear Abolore Musari:
In my opinion, lots of paper ran DFPT at 4x4x4 q-mesh. Sometimes (not often), 3x3x3 q-mesh may also provide reasonable results.
The easiest way may be similar as k-mesh test, you can gradually increase the q-mesh from 2x2x2 to NxNxN until the frequencies converged (the threshold can be defined by yourself).

--
GAO Zhe
CMC Lab, Materials Science & Engineering Department,