[Pw_forum] Re : Band gap of BN (zinc blende)

Layla Martin-Samos lmartinsamos at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 10:00:31 CEST 2012

Dear Said, I have not a big experience in crystals but as long as I
understand, the "nature" of the gap is defined by its "nature" calculated
with the unit cell of your crystal. If instead of the unit cell you are
using bigger cells then you need to make a careful analysis of the
symmetries to unfold your brilloin zone by hand. When you use dopants, is
the same mechanism. To be safe and avoid manual unfoldings, you need to
build the unit cell corresponding to B0.25Ga075N. I have no idea of what is
the unit cell for your system. Maybe you can find more info in
crystallographic tables.

best regards

Layla