[Pw_forum] relativitic pseudopotential for Bi, PZ approximation

Nicola Marzari nicola.marzari at epfl.ch
Thu Apr 12 10:15:40 CEST 2012

Dear Plato,

the point is that QE is a free, open-source community project, a bit
like Linux (as opposed to, say, Windows or Mac) - the spirit is to try
and empower people to become electronic-structure researchers,
rather than users.

Becoming an expert in pseudopotential generation (or any other
complex task of one's choice) makes someone a better scientist,
in this field. Of course, time is limited, and goals can be
different, so everyone is welcome to make whatever use of the
tool they wish for.

Still, the world will be a more interesting place if everyone
asks oneself what they can do for the community, rather than
what the community can do for them (JFK, more or less).

			nicola