[Pw_forum] installing input file builder: gdis-0.99

Éric Germaneau germaneau at gucas.ac.cn
Fri Sep 30 17:54:31 CEST 2011

Hey Jinghui,

I'm sorry I did not know about this version.
So, I quickly tried and  on my i686 machine. I can compile and run it
without crashing but I can no longer export  figure, even using povray.
I tried to open QE input and output files (good it may handle it) but
can not see *.in out *.out files.
On my x86_64 I can not even compile.

By the way, it does not seem to me to be the right place for talking
about gdis, I mean that may bother most of QE users.
So, why not continue this conversation privately? (I'm not aware of any
gdis mailing list)
Best,

         Éric.

On 09/29/2011 10:30 PM, He Jinghui wrote:
> Dear All:
>
> I was wondering who has successively installed the latest version of
> gdis: 0.99. Now the official release version is 0.90-3, but it doesn't
> support the pwscf input/output file format. I tried to use cvs to
> download the 0.99 version and to install it. The installation went well
> without any error, but after installation, the software cannot start a
> GUI, exit without any error message. Any idea?
> Thank you in advance!
>
> OS: linux mint 10 -64 bit gnome
> no library files missing reported
>
> regards
> He Jinghui
> Department of Chemistry
> national university of Singapore

/Be the change you wish to see in the world
/ --- Mahatma Gandhi ---

Dr. Éric Germaneau
<http://www.linkedin.com/pub/%C3%A9ric-germaneau/30/931/986>

Graduate University of Chinese Academy of Sciences
College of Physical Sciences
Yuquan Road 19A
Beijing 100049
China

/Please, if possible, don't send me MS Word or PowerPoint attachments
Why? See: http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html /