[Pw_forum] mpif90 compiler that uses ifort

Jeff Mullen jtmullen at ncsu.edu
Mon Sep 26 19:10:44 CEST 2011

Hello Ahmad

I recently compiled QE with ifort and had the same issue. I resolved by
first setting the OMPI_MPF90 environment
variable to be ifort. For example, in the bash shell

       export OMPI_MPIF90=ifort

then compiling, I explicitly set all the F##=ifort  and MPIF90=mpif90

       ./configure MPIF90=mpif90 F90=ifort F77=ifort

This eliminated the constant references to gfortran. You can find more about
OPENMPI settings for compiling
applications at

http://www.open-mpi.org/faq/?category=mpi-apps

Good Luck