[Pw_forum] LDOS on parallel planes

pari shok parishok at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 19:51:59 CEST 2011

Dear All,
It is embarrassing for me to say that although I've read almost all emails
in QE Archive on finding the local density of states on parallel planes of
structures, I couldn't find a way to calculate them from your kind guidance.
As far as I found, QE calculates the integrated local density of states in
different energies (with post processing code).
In ILDOS input file, it is possible to define different planes by ei(i),
i=1,2,3.
I was wondering whether by changing x0(i), i=1,2,3 (origin of the those
planes defined by ei(i)), it would be possible to get the LODS on parallel
planes.
If positive, how can I possibly change x0(i) to get LDOS on parallel planes.
Otherwise, if there is a way to find LDOS on parallel planes.
I deeply appreciate your help.
Yours
P Shokri
graduate student UMD