[Pw_forum] cluster timing & delay -v.lousy way-

Mona M.O. Elfadil mona at suin.edu.sd
Wed Sep 21 17:19:59 CEST 2011

Dear all,
        We had run an example -Q.E.3.0.1- from your package few days ago
on a linux cluster- CentOS 5-, and it worked although we had no
BLAS, LAPACK nor an FFTW packages previously installed - not
surprising,since you have said so in your user guide-.
Then we had tried an experimental data. It took a single CPU 10 min to get
the results. While, unfortunately, it took a 16 CPUs more than 40 min to
process the same data.
We had tried the following:
- Referring to your user guide: It needs a detailed physics background
which is unavailable at the moment.
- Downloading these mathematical packages:
FFTW 3.1.2-3 & FFTW 2.1.5-2
LAPACK 3_0-2
BLAS 3_0-2
(RPM versions)
In the configuration phase of Q.E. it said that both LAPACK and FFTW are
not found although BLASS was successfully configured.

We could not find FFTWND in our internet search(As a packet). But in your
archive you have said it is not an error.

Assuming that all other factors are well, what could be the cause??

(P.S.: we are the system administrators)

--
Your sincerely,
Mona Elfadil