[Pw_forum] ODP: Re: Ph.x problem. No results. Wrong irreducible representations number.

"Kacper Drużbicki" kacper.druzbicki at uj.edu.pl
Sun Sep 11 22:21:29 CEST 2011

Thank you, Sir!

It's seems that now it's finally running. The program has already turned into Electric Fields Calculation section, and it looks that it's ok now. It progressively iterating.

I still wonder why it lost the thread of symmetry, giving the inproper normal modes number. It's monoclinic system (which I notice that QE define in a specific way) and I built the geometry by importing the coordinates and the cell parameters from CASTEP. When opened via Xcrysden or J-Ice, the geometry seems to be allright. All the cell parameters are correct. Loss of normal mode symmetry for such a low symmetric system is not a problem to me. However, It's courious.

With kind regards,
Casper

Kacper Drużbicki,
Faculty of Chemistry,
Department of Chemical Physics,
Jagiellonian University,
Ingardena Street 3, 30-060 Kraków, Poland
phone: +48 12 6632265