[Pw_forum] How to modify code and recompile?

Giovani Faccin faccin.giovani at gmail.com
Sun Sep 11 03:43:39 CEST 2011

Dear Ying,

Looks like a permissions issue. Assuming you are in a Linux/Unix
environment, and that the QE files are somewhere inside your home folder,
try this at the command line, inside the folder where the files are:

chmod 666 filename

And them try to modify something and save the file.

If the file can be read/written, a "ls -la" will give you something like
this:

gfaccin at jacare ~/lixo/saves $ ls -la
-rw-rw-rw- 1 gfaccin gfaccin     14 Sep 10 22:36 filename

in which the rw-rw-rw means, respectively, that user, group and everyone are
allowed to read and write to that file. You can of course change those
permissions in any way you find adequate.

Best,

Giovani Faccin
UFMS - Brazil