[Pw_forum] At line 174 of file paw_gipaw.f90 (unit = 14, file = '')

Emine Kucukbenli kucukben at sissa.it
Wed Sep 7 14:09:00 CEST 2011

Dear Gregor,
gipaw is based on paw, as long as it stays so it will always require
paw description of the atom..
if you are using a traditional norm conserving or ultrasoft
pseudopotential that means you need this description to be calculated
and written, which will make it a 'gipaw pseudopotential'
If you are using a paw pseudopotential however, everything is already
calculated. unfortunately  it has not been the default to write down
this necessary information. in the future i would like to make it
default, such that
every paw pseudopotential file already is gipaw-suitable.
it is just that there  are some details to work out,like,you may want
the pw.x to use a different set of projectors (possibly cheaper ones)
than gipaw.x part..so we should keep this freedom etc.

about not having the paw set for the atoms you are not interested
in..what would you propose? the induced magnetic field at a point
depends on the induced current in all space..do you suggest a space
cut off? or calculating the current response of these atoms we are not
interested in without paw constructions?

instead there is the 'converse approach' you may want to look at, that
sounds more efficient if you are interested in nmr parameters of one
atom in huge molecule, for example..
we can hear more from Davide about it.

emine kucukbenli, phd student, sissa, italy