[Pw_forum] Segmentation fault with pp.x

vkarthik vkarthik at MIT.EDU
Mon Sep 5 08:51:22 CEST 2011

Hi,

I am using quantum espresso-4.3.2 and running some examples given at the
tutorial website on the quantum espresso
webpage.http://www.fisica.uniud.it/~giannozz/QE-Tutorial/     PWscf - Simple
examples

I am trying to run a post process job to determine the charge density.
As mentioned in the slides when I run the command
prompt> espresso_dir/bin/pp.x < si.pp_rho.in
I get en error message
Program POST-PROC v.4.3.2  starts on  5Sep2011 at 12:13:38

     This program is part of the open-source Quantum ESPRESSO suite
     for quantum simulation of materials; please cite
         "P. Giannozzi et al., J. Phys.:Condens. Matter 21 395502 (2009);
          URL http://www.quantum-espresso.org",
     in publications or presentations arising from this work. More details at
     http://www.quantum-espresso.org/wiki/index.php/Citing_Quantum-ESPRESSO

   Info: using nr1, nr2, nr3 values from input

   Info: using nr1s, nr2s, nr3s values from input

     G-vector sticks info
     sticks:   dense  smooth     PW     G-vecs:    dense   smooth      PW
     Sum         163     163     61                 1459     1459     339

Segmentation fault

any help would be appreciated.
best,
Karthik