[Pw_forum] cannot allocate memory error

Elie Moujaes elie.moujaes at hotmail.co.uk
Sat Sep 3 17:23:06 CEST 2011

Dear all,
I am having a problem when I am running a scf calculation for a 72-atom supercell of Carbon grain boundaries. The calculations start and then after a few minutes stop with the following error:
 Traceback: not available, compile with -ftrace=frame or -ftrace=fullOperating system error: Cannot allocate memory
Memory allocation failed
on my desktop at work.  I have the espresso-4.2 there. On my laptop at home (where I have downloaded the latest espresso-4.3.2 version). Now  I am getting the error :
operating system error: cannot allocate memoryout of memory
Can anyone tell me what is going on? I am not sure if it is really a memory problem or something else?
Thanks
Elie MoujaesUniversity of NottinghamNG7 2RDUK