[Pw_forum] Binding energy of Cu at CNT

chengyu yang chengyu.young at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 20:41:17 CEST 2011

Thank you, Dr. Giannozzi .

But my question is this:
(1) How could I get the correct binding energy? May I use the  C.pz-vbc.UPF
and Cu.pz-d-rrkjus.UPF potential? Will the choice of potential affect the
final result?
(2) The literature I am reading used the projector-augmented wave(PAW)
potential, and also the electron exchange and correlation is treated by
using the Perdew burke Ernzerhof (PBE) formulation of the generalized
gradient approximation. In fact I cannot find such potentials in all the
pseudo files.
(3) It also used conjugate-gradient algorithm to relax the ions, do we have
this in our QE, or the algorithm are replaceable?

I am sorry to ask, but advice from this forum is important to help.
Thank you.

Best regards.

Chengyu Yang
MMAE,University of Central Florida,US