[Pw_forum] convergence

Emine Kucukbenli kucukben at sissa.it
Sun Oct 23 10:37:47 CEST 2011

Hi Bhabya,

Well, I would reduce the conv_thr instead, probably to 1d-6 or smaller..
But in principle you can increase the forc_conv_thr=1d-2
and still get rid of the warning you have and probably of the
convergence problem too.

It all depends on what you want:
=If this is a production run, you want accuracy, reduce conv_thr (try
the default 1d-6 or smaller)

=If this is a test system, a toy problem for you to learn how to run
the code, or get some basic idea on the properties of the system that
you have and timings of computation, and if your computational
resources are tight, then increase forc_conv_thr.

Basically, arrange the parameters of your calculations to match your needs.
Perform some small tests when you are in doubt.
cheers,
emine kucukbenli, phd student, sissa, italy.

ps: add your affiliation pls. was it Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, Mumbai?