[Pw_forum] Running an input file

mohnish pandey mohnish.iitk at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 04:53:39 CEST 2011

Dear Gulcin !

To run an an input file for example an input file of pw.x you should invoke
the command for pw.x. /espresso directory/bin/pw.x <abc.scf.in> abc.scf.out.
In this /espresso directory/ is the address to espresso directory, "
abc.scf.in" is the name of the QE input file and "abc.scf.out" is the the QE
output file. This is the crudest way to run an input file. And next time
please mention your affiliation. Hope it helps.

On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 2:22 AM, Gulcin Kucukdalyan
<gkucukdalyan at gmail.com>wrote:

> HI All,
>
> Could you please tell me how can i run an input file. It is the second time
> i am asking this question. Last time i was asked to read tutorials. It is
> not specified there if i have to prepare a text file or an executable file
> (run_example) like the ones in the examples. If i have to prepare a text
> file how can i run it.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Gulcin

Regards,