[Pw_forum] Piezoelectric Response

swapnil chandratre swapnil.chandratre at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 18:47:43 CEST 2011

Hi,

I want to understand the concept of piezoelectricity in Espresso, I have
some doubts,

Is it necessary that in order to observe the phenomenon in direct manner (ie
application of strain to get polarization), i need to create vaccum in the
direction of polarization? or i can work with periordic systems, and observe
polarization.?

With respect to the same, if i want to see the effect of field on length
dimension of input geometry, I have to proceed with applying vaccum in that
direction.?

Is my understanding of the approach incorrect ? can anyone help me
understand it better.

--
Regards,
Swapnil Chandratre