[Pw_forum] nspin=1 in NEB calculation

He Jinghui g0800703 at nus.edu.sg
Thu Oct 6 11:27:36 CEST 2011

Dear Guido and others:

Thanks for your kind reply. I have read the manual and still a little
bit confused. Please point out if i have a wrong understanding.

Does "tot_magnetization" parameter is only for induce starting
magnetization, which allowed pw.x to determine during SCF cycles, or it
is used to freeze  the value during whole calculation?

Is this parameter of the same function with:
constrained_magnetization='total'  together with fixed_magnetization(i),
i=1,3

if i used nspin=0, in output file there is still rho_up and rho_down,
does this mean the spin-DFT has already been considered even nspin=0?

In my case, I want to perform a cluster calculation with even electrons.
But the cluster may be at triplet state or singlet one. I just want to
switch on the spin-DFT, and let the program determine which one is the
ground state and obtained the stable geometry. So want should I set?

Thank you all so much for your help!

best regards
He jinghui
Department of Chemistry, NUS, singapore