[Pw_forum] Converting pseudopotentials from CPMD

Merlin Meheut merlin.meheut at get.obs-mip.fr
Fri Nov 25 18:08:19 CET 2011

Dear Axel,

So you say you used ld1.x to generate both UPF and cpmd
pseudopotentials, or did you use another software?
In INPUT_LD1.txt they say this is still an "experimental feature"...

Which software would you recommend to generate both pseudopotentials
consistently?
I must admit I am not very confident with using ld1, but if it does the
job I should be able to handle it
(with a little bit of help probably...) .

Another question: I have a very simple case, the O pseudopotential
(attached), which seems quite straightforward to convert
(with a 2s2 2p4 configuration, and no other l in the potential):
do you think that with these commands the result should be correct? Even
if I do not give the local projector originally used?

$ ./cpmd2upf.x
Input file > O_MT_GIA_BLYP
Oxygen  2s2 2p4  BLYP  rc= 1.05 1.05
lmax to use. (max. 1) > 1
l local (max. 1) > 1
Wavefunction # 1: label, occupancy > 2S, 2.0
Wavefunction # 2: label, occupancy > 2P, 4.0
Pseudopotential successfully converted
Output PP file in UPF format :  O_MT_GIA_BLYP.UPF

Thanks in advance,

Merlin Méheut