[Pw_forum] image parallelization for phonon calculations

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at democritos.it
Sat Nov 12 19:33:10 CET 2011

On Nov 12, 2011, at 18:20 , IYAD AL-QASIR wrote:

> Actually, the message "image parallelization is not permitted"
> appeared when I run pw.x ( sorry for the confusion in the last email)

there is no "image" parallization in pw.x. Only NEB has image
parallelization.

> So After i ran pw.x with niamge=1, I tried to run ph.x but using
> nimage >1 ,
> mpiexec -np 12 ./ph.x -nimage 2 -npool 3 <ph.in> ph.out
>
> but I got
>
> from d_&_i : error #         1
>       some nodes have no k-points

YOu have more pools than k-points. You need to understand the meaning
of the various parallelization levels before using them

P.
---
Paolo Giannozzi, Dept of Chemistry&Physics&Environment,
Phone +39-0432-558216, fax +39-0432-558222