[Pw_forum] LDA scheme used in QE

Stefano de Gironcoli degironc at sissa.it
Thu Nov 10 06:42:14 CET 2011

Dear Padmaja Patnaik,
   In that paper devoted to SIC there is an appendix where the PZ
parametrization of Ceperley-Alder QMC data for the homogeneous
electron gas is given to be used in LDA.
   this is what is meant for functional PZ: LDA using PZ parametrization.
   that paper is probably much more quoted for its appendix than for
the, also very important, discussion of SIC error.
   best,
stefano