[Pw_forum] Zn NC_PP from qe-forge

Nichols A. Romero naromero at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 17:27:18 CET 2011

Sorry for replying to this old thread. I still don't quite understand
the behavior for the energy as a function E_{cut,psi} for the
case of E_{cut,rho}=4*E_{cut,psi}. You would expect for a
norm-conserving pseudopotential that the total energy be monotonically
decreasing (Rayleigh-Ritz principle) as it achieves convergence. But
adding the non-linear core correction (nlcc) seems to negate
this behavior. I am assuming that the nlcc can be evaluated exactly in
real-space. Perhaps the FFT is leading to some aliasing
effect?

Nichols A. Romero, Ph.D.
Argonne Leadership Computing Facility
Argonne, IL 60490