[Pw_forum] Using mixture of pseudo potential

Vi Vo vovi47 at yahoo.com
Tue May 31 03:23:46 CEST 2011

Dear All,

In my calculation, I used a mixture of pseudo potentials, ie. norm-conserving pp
(NC pp)  for one element and ultrasoft pp (US pp) for another.  If I don't
specify ecutrho in the input, what will be the default value for ecutrho for the
ultrasoft pp.  I know that for NC pp, ecutrho = 4*ecutwfc, but I do not know if
the same value is used for US pp.  On the other hand, if I specify ecutrho =
8*ecutwfc, then does the same value apply to the NC pp.

Thank you very much,

Vi
University of Houston