[Pw_forum] Postdoctoral Research Position: Ab-Initio Dynamics of Condensed Matter

Thomas Kühne tkuehne at gmail.com
Thu May 26 14:52:26 CEST 2011

In the Ab-Initio Dynamics of Condensed Matter Group we are aiming to develop novel computational methods
to study complex many-body systems such as liquids, biomolecules in solution and solids from first-principles.
Along those lines we do have a postdoctoral research positions to offer, which consists of both method
development and application. Potential candidates must have a PhD degree in Chemistry, Physics, or related
discipline and a strong interest in computer simulations as well as programming. Basic experiences with Linux,
numerical methods of theoretical physics/chemistry, electronic structure methods and/or molecular dynamics
are required. Consideration of candidates will begin immediately until the position is filled. Questions and
applications in electronic form including a cover letter and contact informations of at least two academic
references should be directed to kuehne at uni-mainz.de.
Thomas D. Kühne
Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz
Institute of Physical Chemistry and