[Pw_forum] non degenerate phonon frequency for cubic crystal along 1 0 0

Stefano de Gironcoli degironc at sissa.it
Fri May 13 08:43:39 CEST 2011

Does the scf calculation find the expected symmetry ?  then I'm
surprised that the dynamical matrix does not show it.
Does the structure look as it should when visualized with xcrysden ?
Are you providing the atomic coordinates with enough digits ?

stefano
-
Stefano de Gironcoli - SISSA and DEMOCRITOS