[Pw_forum] Phonon frequency of Body centred cubic strucure

Merlin Meheut merlin.meheut at lmtg.obs-mip.fr
Sun May 8 16:11:36 CEST 2011

Dear Mayank,

My opinion is that your problem comes from a symetry problem with the
FFT grid: the FFT grid your system has chosen may not be compatible with
the symetry of your crystal (which is apparently very symetric). If this
is the case, yous hould have warnings about symetry operations not taken
into account in the preamble of your scf output.

The solution is to define by hand your fft grid using the nr1, nr2, nr3
parameters (choose them larger than those chosen by the program but with
different dividers so as to comply with the symetry of your system).
Another solution usually proposed is to increase the ecut_rho, but I
prefer the first one.

Hope this helps,

Merlin