[Pw_forum] phonons in parallel in 4.3

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at democritos.it
Wed May 4 22:18:19 CEST 2011

On May 4, 2011, at 18:52 , matthieu verstraete wrote:

> I have been having trouble calculating phonons in 4.3. On a
> central-disk machine things work fine, but for a distributed cluster
> with local scratch disks the phonon temp files are not spread
> correctly over the nodes. Apparently only the mother node has the
> correct files written (including all instances on that node). Has
> anyone encountered this and has it been fixed in the development
> version?

none of the above. Please file a bug on qe-forge:
   http://qe-forge.org/tracker/?atid=133&group_id=10&func=browse
Note however that it is becoming increasingly difficult to
support parallel machines without a parallel file systems.
Such a case is a never-ending source of trouble to an already
too complex I/O. If there is an easy fix, it might be found quickly;
otherwise, no warranty

> Is there some input variable I am ignoring?

I don't think so

P.
---
Paolo Giannozzi, Dept of Chemistry&Physics&Environment,
Phone +39-0432-558216, fax +39-0432-558222