[Pw_forum] Imposing opposite spins

Arles V. Gil Rebaza arvifis at gmail.com
Tue May 3 15:14:48 CEST 2011

Hi Padmaja, you need write in the input file the next variables:

&system
starting_magnetization(1) =  0.00
starting_magnetization(2) =  0.00
starting_magnetization(3) =  0.00
-....
starting_magnetization(i) =  1.00,
starting_magnetization(j) = -1.00,

where "i" and "j" is the number of the two impurity atoms, although in
different spin direccion. If the other atoms in your supercell aren't
magnetics, just write 0.0. Furthermore, you have to write twice the
pseudopotential belonging to the impurity. For example:

ATOMIC_SPECIES
 Fe1  55.845  Fe.pbe-paw_kj.UPF
 Fe2  55.845  Fe.pbe-paw_kj.UPF

Best.