[Pw_forum] gfortran-4.6.0 and 4.3b

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at democritos.it
Tue Mar 29 16:53:56 CEST 2011

On Tue, 2011-03-29 at 12:35 +0200, balducci at univ.trieste.it wrote:

> I report this in the hope of being of any use.

thank you. Fixed in the next release (very soon)

>     fpmd2upf.f90: In function 'fpmd2upf':
>     fpmd2upf.f90:872:0: internal compiler error: Segmentation fault
>     Please submit a full bug report,

this will be needed only if you have pseudopotentials in the old FPMD
format. If you have time, you may want to try what the error message
suggests: file a bug report for gfortran (all internal compiler errors
are, by definition, compiler bugs). It shouldn't be difficult to locate
where the compiler runs into trouble, since the fpmd2upf code is rather
simple. With a usable bug report, gfortran developers usually fix the
bug in less than no time

Paolo
--
Paolo Giannozzi, IOM-Democritos and University of Udine, Italy