[Pw_forum] Bi pseudopotential

Sven Heiles Heiles at cluster.pc.chemie.tu-darmstadt.de
Tue Mar 15 22:21:04 CET 2011

Hi Paolo, Emine!

Thanks for your reply tested your suggested US-PP which seem to work
quite good.
Will have a look tomorrow on the performance for the dimer and the bulk.
Yesterday evening in a long night season I was able to find the problem
with my
parameters and was able to fit a multiple projector, scalar relativistic
NC-PP for LDA and PBE
functionals.

The performance of the PPs seem to be good (only judging on the geometrical
parameters; the electronic structure is a complete different topic of
course)

Bi2 (bondlength):

PP-LDA  PP-PBE  PBE-Lanl2DZ    Exp [1]
2.57 AA     2.636 AA       2.64 AA     2.66 AA

Bi-A7 phase (see parameters in [2])

PP-LDA                PP-PBE               Theo[2]                Exp[2]
a0 = 4.573 AA     a0 = 4.766 AA      ao= 4.528 AA    ao= 4.726 AA
alpha = 58.271    alpha = 57.454     alpha = 58.93     alpha = 57.32
z = 0.237              z = 0.235               z =  0.238            z
=  0.238

[1] Chem. Rev.  90 93 1990
[2] Phys. Scr. 37 785 1988

Thanks a lot again for your suggestions.

Best wishes

Sven

--
Dipl. Ing. Sven Heiles