[Pw_forum] Memory usage in Quantum Espresso

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at democritos.it
Fri Mar 11 08:45:14 CET 2011

On Mar 10, 2011, at 22:29 , Krukau, Aliaksandr wrote:

> The user guide mentions that old compilers can reduce the size
> of the system that PWSCF can treat. But I use relatively new
> version 9.0 of Portland group Fortran compilers.

Either your compiler is buggy, or it requires some specific options
to run a relatively large code like PWscf. If you paid real money
for the PGI compiler, complain with the vendor. In the meantime,
try a recent version of gfortran or a non-buggy version of the Intel
compiler (latest v.11 should be ok)

P.
---
Paolo Giannozzi, Dept of Chemistry&Physics&Environment,
Phone +39-0432-558216, fax +39-0432-558222