[Pw_forum] calculation wouldn't run using espresso-4.2.1 but did run with espresso-4.1.3

Tram Bui trambui at u.boisestate.edu
Tue Mar 8 01:05:14 CET 2011

Dear Emine,
      Thank you for your respond. And to answer your chain of questions :),
this is what I have got
-   First my installation was successful. I have done tons of calculation
for single silicon as well as silicon carbide system and everything works
fine, except when it comes to this single carbon atom calculation.
-   Second, the erroe message was: "the convergence was not achieved after
100 interations" (so you can see that the i took really long for this
calculation but no result was given in the end)
-    Third, we tried the calculation with my thesis advisor computer,it
didn't work and gave out the same problem.
-    Forth, I have tried to do the calculation using older version of QE,
and it worked!!, but again, isn't the newer version supposed to work better
than the older one? not mention about the fact that it should give more
accurate results.
    So now both my advisor and I couldn't figure out why it is not working
with properly in espresso-4.2.1. and I really appreciate any help from
everyone!

Thank you,
Tram

trambui at u.boisestate.edu