[Pw_forum] Lattice constant for copper

Krukau, Aliaksandr akrukau at indiana.edu
Thu Mar 3 01:21:27 CET 2011

   Dear Duy Le and Fabio Negreiros,
     Thank you very much! I redid calculation with 12 x 12 x 12 k-point
grid and got lattice constant of 6.86 a.u., as previously reported. Now
I realize I put 12 x 12 x 1 grid by mistake.
   To Eric Germaneau:
     I calculate equilibrium lattice structure at OK by doing a number
of 'relax' calculations at different lattice constants. For copper,
there is only one atom in the basis, so 'relax' and 'scf' are
equivalent.
    You are right, experimental lattice constant was measured at room
temperature, and my calculation provides the lattice constant at OK. So
I neglect the temperature dependence. But molecular dynamics can
calculate lattice constant for non-zero temperature.
   Best regards,
   Alex Krukau,
   Indiana University