[Pw_forum] Which coordinates of K point should be used, referencing to reciprocal CONVENTIONAL vectors or reciprocal PRIMITIVE vectors?

Stefano de Gironcoli degironc at sissa.it
Thu Jun 30 09:48:11 CEST 2011

for certain bravais lattice (notably the cubic ones) XCrysDen sometime
recognizes the conventional unit cell (the cube).
pw always works in the primitive unit cell, the one defined by the
fundamental lattice vectors.

Beware that this depends on your input.
if you define an FCC crystal using a SC Bravais lattice and putting 4
atoms in the unit cell the BZ displayed is going to be the one for SC

stefano