[Pw_forum] Clarification of a confusion related to q vector specifications in ph.x

Stefano de Gironcoli degironc at sissa.it
Sun Jun 26 15:15:14 CEST 2011

Dear Vikas Varshney ,

the second part of the sentence is obsolete and referred to the case
in which the single point calculation was done combining a nscf call
to pw.x and one to ph.x... the two call ought obviously to be
consistent.

As stated somewhat above in the manual page you linked
"NOTE: the alternative procedure in which a band-structure calculation
with calculation='phonon was performed as an intermediate step is no
longer implemented since version 4.1. It is also no longer needed to
specify lnscf=.true. for q$ \ne$ 0 . "

so just specify the q point you desire and the code wil run the
nscf+dfpt calculation in sequence.

stefano