[Pw_forum] Layers of different materials

Heidari, Sareh s.heidari at ucl.ac.uk
Fri Jun 24 10:10:58 CEST 2011

Dear Stefano,

Thank you for your reply. That's fine; I don't mind using the supercell. I just wanted to know that I wasn't missing something else!

Thanks again,
Sareh

_____________________________
Sareh Heidari
PhD Student
London Centre for Nanotechnology
University College London
17-19 Gordon Street,
London, WC1H 0AH.

On 23 Jun 2011, at 20:22, Stefano Baroni <baroni at sissa.it<mailto:baroni at sissa.it>> wrote:

Sareh: sorry for you, but I'm afraid there is no free lunch. If what you are after depends on the actual geometry of the system, there is no other way than simulating the supercell .
SB

--
Stefano Baroni, Trieste -- swift message written and sent on the go