[Pw_forum] Compatibility between XCrySDen and Quantum ESPRESSO

Hongsheng Zhao zhaohscas at yahoo.com.cn
Thu Jun 23 16:32:15 CEST 2011

On 06/23/2011 06:06 PM, Tone Kokalj wrote:
> The 32bit compiled version has been just made available:
> http://www.xcrysden.org/download/xc-1.5.24-linux_x86-semishared.tar.gz
>
> (btw: I thought the 32bit machines are dead species)

In my case, at home, I use a pc with the the cpu info as this:
"Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU         920  @ 2.67GHz".  I think this should
belong to the x86_64 family.
On the other hand, in my office, I use a pc with another type of cpu ( I
forget the specific info ).

Though both of them are belong to x86_64 architecture,  in my
experience, the pc of my office cann't run smoothly when I install the
amd64 distribution of Debian (i.e., x86_64 OS).   I don't know the reason.

Based on the above situation, I use i386 distribution of Debian .

Regards.
--
Hongsheng Zhao <zhaohscas at yahoo.com.cn>
School of Physics and Electrical Information Science,