[Pw_forum] Relaxation of impurity in bulk materials

Sanda Botis sandabotis at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 21:13:43 CEST 2011

Hi,

Why not do a complete relaxation (no atoms fixed) and compare it with
a partial relaxation (allow to relax only several atoms around your
defect). Assuming that you have some experimental data to compare
with, you will find out which calculation is better suited for
describing a particular type of defect.
I hope that helps.

Cheers,
Sanda