[Pw_forum] Strange message when running the svn version of pwgui for the first time.

Hongsheng Zhao zhaohscas at yahoo.com.cn
Thu Jun 9 00:42:13 CEST 2011

On 06/08/2011 06:20 AM, Tone Kokalj wrote:
> Apparently you svn-downloaded only a GUI/ directory of the whole
> espresso distribution. You need to svn-checkout the whole espresso,
> because the pwgui depends on the espresso documentation.

I've checked out the whole the whole espresso with the following command:

svn checkout svn://scm.qe-forge.org/scmrepos/svn/q-e/trunk espresso

But the error messages as they were:

werner at debian:~/espresso/espresso/GUI/PWgui$ make cvsinit
cd doc/pwdocs; make
make[1]: Entering directory
`/home/werner/espresso/espresso/GUI/PWgui/doc/pwdocs'
( cd ../../../..; make doc )
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/werner/espresso/espresso'
Makefile:1: make.sys: No such file or directory
make[2]: *** No rule to make target `make.sys'.  Stop.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/werner/espresso/espresso'
make[1]: *** [links] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/home/werner/espresso/espresso/GUI/PWgui/doc/pwdocs'
make: [cvsinit] Error 2 (ignored)
if test ! -d lib; then mkdir lib; fi
cd lib/; rm -f Guib-*;
cd lib/; ln -sf /home/werner/espresso/espresso/GUI/Guib Guib-0.5

> Actually the
> "make cvinit" (now the "make svninit") merely builds the QE
> documentation that the PWgui uses  + makes a few links.

Regards.

--
Hongsheng Zhao<zhaohscas at yahoo.com.cn>
School of Physics and Electrical Information Science,