[Pw_forum] Strange message when running the svn version of pwgui for the first time.

Hongsheng Zhao zhaohscas at yahoo.com.cn
Thu Jun 9 00:11:55 CEST 2011

On 06/08/2011 02:15 AM, Tone Kokalj wrote:
> Because the printing message has not yet been corrected. It should read:
> "For the SVN version ...". Also the file INSTALL.cvs should be renamed
> to INSTALL.svn. Note that the QE has been ported to svn (relatively)
> recently, and there are still some "textual" references to cvs in PWgui,
> which should be corrected to svn. Thanks for pointing this out!

You are welcome!

> Anyway, since you are trying the SVN version of PWgui, do as the message
> suggests; execute the "make cvsinit" (note that "cvsinit" is just a
> Makefile's target name (will be renamed to svninit)).
Thanks for your explains.  When I issue the
"make cvsinit" command, I'll meet some error messages as follows:

werner at debian:~/GUI/PWgui$ make cvsinit
cd doc/pwdocs; make
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/werner/GUI/PWgui/doc/pwdocs'
( cd ../../../..; make doc )
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/werner'
make[2]: *** No rule to make target `doc'.  Stop.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/werner'
make[1]: *** [links] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/werner/GUI/PWgui/doc/pwdocs'
make: [cvsinit] Error 2 (ignored)
if test ! -d lib; then mkdir lib; fi
cd lib/; rm -f Guib-*;
cd lib/; ln -sf /home/werner/GUI/Guib Guib-0.5

> Anyway, instead of using the svn version of PWgui, you may also use the
> source PWgui-4.3.tar.gz package. Unless you want to do some development,
> there is no difference between the two.
Regards.

--
Hongsheng Zhao<zhaohscas at yahoo.com.cn>
School of Physics and Electrical Information Science,