[Pw_forum] About the CVS version of PWgui.

Hongsheng Zhao zhaohscas at yahoo.com.cn
Wed Jun 8 19:09:04 CEST 2011

On 06/08/2011 12:47 PM, Hongsheng Zhao wrote:
>> this will do the trick:
>> svn checkout svn://scm.qe-forge.org/scmrepos/svn/q-e/trunk espresso
> Good, Thanks a lot, I've got it.  Another issue: why we use SVN for
> pwgui, and cvs for pwscf currently?
> I think, this will give some confusion for using them with the latest
> development version.

 From the following thread on this list: Re: [Pw_forum] SVN versus CVS,

Dr. Paolo Giannozzi <giannozz at democritos.it> said that:

development work goes on ONLY on the svn version. The cvs repository is
no longer updated.
The daily *.tar.gz file is not available right now. There will be a
4.3.1 version soon.

So according to the above notes, the following command will give the
most latest version for espresso, of course including pwgui:

svn checkout svn://scm.qe-forge.org/scmrepos/svn/q-e/trunk espresso

Am i right?

Regards.
--

Hongsheng Zhao<zhaohscas at yahoo.com.cn>
School of Physics and Electrical Information Science,