[Pw_forum] Change of occupation number and cut3d

Samuel Poncé samuel.pon at gmail.com
Sat Jul 30 17:37:30 CEST 2011

Dear Mr. Zhe,

Thank you for your answer!

I did try to add the variable tot_charge = +0.00046875 because I have 64 k
points and 4 valences band ( 4-(63*4+3.97)/64)

However if I add the variable 'occupations = "fixed"' then I get the
following WARNING:
     WARNING: integrated charge=     8.00000000, expected=     7.99953125

I off course get the exact same total energy as with tot_charge = 0 (this is
not the expected behaviour).

I did try without the variable 'occupation' (by the way what is the default
value for occupation?) and also get the exact same total energy.

I also do not understand why I don't have an occupation of 2.0 for all my
valence states?

 k = 0.0000 0.0000 0.0000 (  1243 PWs)   bands (ev):

    -7.9264  13.7887  13.7887  13.7887

     occupation numbers
     0.0312   0.0312   0.0312   0.0312

Best regards,