[Pw_forum] How to convince QE from local lapack/blas?

giannozz at democritos.it giannozz at democritos.it
Thu Jul 21 15:38:04 CEST 2011

Quoting Guntram Schmidt <guntram.schmidt at chemie.uni-halle.de>:

> DSYGV : 2538-2015
> The number of elements (ARG NO. 11) in a work array must be greater than
> or equal to (2048).

Verify a) if -D__ESSL present in your DFLAGS and FDFLAGS, and b ) if
essl is loaded before lapack. If a).and.b), you may try to replace
-D__ESSL with -D__LINUX_ESSL in DFLAGS and FDFLAGS, or to edit
PW/rdiaghg.f90 .
See comments there, in make.sys, and in include/defs/h.README

> I tried:
>  ./configure MPIF90=mpfort LIBDIRS="/gpfs/usrurz/lapack/lapack-3.2.1"
> [...] But QE insists on its own libraries.

not all environment variables are treated in the same way by configure.
I think that a check for libraries is still performed in LIBDIRS. If
there is no liblapack.a there, nothing will be found.

P.