[Pw_forum] Pressure-induced phase transition

Amin Torabi mtorabi at uwo.ca
Mon Jul 18 18:45:12 CEST 2011

Dear Hongsheng,

I don't understand why I should use relax instead of vc-relax. As far as I
understand, when a system is under pressure, both the atomic positions
inside a unit cell, as well as the dimensions of the unit cell changes. So,
why should I keep the unit cell parameters fixed if I am interested in
finding phase transitions?

Thanks