[Pw_forum] Pressure-induced phase transition

Hongsheng Zhao zhaohscas at yahoo.com.cn
Mon Jul 18 16:45:39 CEST 2011

On 07/19/2011 09:23 AM, Eric Germaneau wrote:
> Hey Amin,
>
> The approach you proposed is ok but you should relax the cell as well.
> By keeping the cell fix the system does not feel the pressure you wish
> to apply.

Not so clear about the meaning of this sentence, could you please give
some more explanations? ;-(

> You can also change the volume, relax the positions only and compute the
> pressure.
> The best is to compute the free energy as function of pressure ans so
> the QHA method is the best way to go.

I think this method cann't do the job of structure-searching-and-finding
for unknown phases when we changing the external pressure.

Regards

--
Hongsheng Zhao <zhaohscas at yahoo.com.cn>
School of Physics and Electrical Information Science,